Ian Meadows - CV
I have strong interpersonal skills and I am able to relate to both IT technical and non-IT specialists. I have good experience of working within a team in a pressured time critical, environment. I regularly seek to help others in my team and can be relied upon to assist other to solve a wide variety of business and IT problems.
Website Development and Content Management Systems
Information architecture, accessibility, usability, image management, CMS procurement, search engine optimisation, social networking and web analytics.
Web technical skills
Direct email campaigns, copywriting, event support, print media creation, online advertising.
Team leadership and management
Direct line management of full and part-time staff (three people), leading/managing project teams, external agency liaison.
KING'S COLLEGE LONDON
Web and Portal Content Manager
The key objectives of my role are to:
- direct and oversee the ongoing development, information architecture and content of the College’s website, portal and other web applications
- set, develop and revise College web, portal and content standards and policies to ensure appropriate governance
- assist in leading web and portal content creation, quality and management for the College in line with College strategic objectives.
Website Marketing Manager (Ten years in post)
Website Marketing Officer (One year in post)
I was responsible for the corporate development and strategic planning of the university website. My role involved strategic planning for the University level web content ranging from student recruitment to business partnerships.
Key responsibilities and tasks included:
- top-level development support for the University content management system
- management of University wide content development
- co-chair of a web technical group responsible for training, development and promotion of the use of web technologies for the University
- managing external professionals - marketing agencies, SEO experts and content producers to further the site development
- analysing web and search analytic data to manage site development
- produce and manage email marketing campaigns
- manage a number of web developer positions.
I also played a key role in the department assisting with a wide range of marketing projects including the alumni programme, student recruitment activities and general marketing activities.
I was at Cranfield University for 11 years.
- Professional Diploma in Marketing
Oxford College of Marketing/Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM)
- Information Architecture
- Copywriting for the web
- Professional Development Award in eMarketing
Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM)
- Writing for the web
Peterborough Copywriting Bureau
- Rhythmyx v6 developer conversion training
Percussion Software Inc
- Rhythmyx v5.7 Content Management Developer
Percussion Software Inc
- PHP and mySQL Development
- Advanced ColdFusionMX7 Development
- Webtrends Reporting Centre - Advanced hands-on
- Developing SQL Queries for Microsoft SQL Server
Learning Tree - August 2002
- Introduction to XML
- ColdFusion Web Application Development
- Marketing on the web
Reed Training (London)
- Appraisal skills for appraisers
Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development (CIPD)
DE MONTFORT UNIVERSITY (MILTON KEYNES)
BSc (Hons) Computer Science.
Dissertation: 'Can small to medium enterprises (SME's) gain a strategic advantage with the Internet?'
- CIM Professional Diploma in Marketing
- CIM Professional Development Award in eMarketing
- Committee member for the Royal National Lifeboat Institute (RNLI) Milton Keynes Fundraising Branch
- Parelli Natural Horsemanship - Level one online.
- I achieved the Bronze, Silver and Gold awards on the Duke Of Edinburgh's Award.
My two main passions are horses and photography. I am a keen horseman currently participating in the Parelli Natural Horsemanship programme. On the photography side, my particular interest lies in wildlife and landscape images.
I also support my local community by maintaining the websites for the village and the Parish Council.