Content development and support
The Business Development department is responsible for all University top-level content including alumni relations, student recruitment (prospectus), business engagement, media relations and general admin functions online.
My role is to support the users who maintain the copy in all aspects of web development. This includes:
- working with them to ensure the copy is both accessible and search engine ready
- sourcing and manipulating images and graphics
- technical issues that require advanced HTML development
- developing and managing online forms (feedback/Booking etc)
- enhancing the content via activities such as Google maps or inserting of external video/media
- managing over 300 server redirects for either marketing campaigns or error trapping
- monitoring error logs and 'page not found' forms to support users locate content
- work with content editors to produce engaging structures through the content.